Feras al Shawaf
Feras al Shawaf
Al Bawani Tower
Salah Al Din Al Ayyubi Road
Riyadh - 11526 Riyadh
Feras Al Shawaf is the Managing Partner of Feras Al Shawaf Law Firm in association with CMS. He has extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious matters. As to contentious matters, in litigation, he has represented corporate giants such as Huawei, Tekfen, Sansui, Pizza Hut, Olayan Group and Incom (Italy) in SAR multi-million litigation and arbitration proceedings. He has also acted as a mediator for large corporations. He has a strong understanding of what is necessary to solve commercial disputes and close large transactions. He has strong industry knowledge and provides effective strategic direction to the firm. He is a member of the Saudi Arabian Bar, the Arbitration Committee of the GCC and has lectured in Prince Sultan University Riyadh.
He has represented and is still representing members of the Royal family before the Special Court for the disputes between members of the Royal Family.
He frequently appears before the Committee for the Resolution of Securities Disputes, the Tax Appeal Committees, Commercial Courts and Board of Grievances.
- Domestic and international companies such as Huawei, Fujitsu, King Abdullah Endowment Trust, Al Rajhi Group, Bin Laden Group, Zain KSA, Mobily, Henkel, and high net worth individuals in complex corporate transactions as well as large litigation and arbitration proceedings, and acted as mediator for large corporations.
- Appears before various courts and tribunals, including the Commercial Courts, Board of Grievances and the Committee for the Resolution of Securities Disputes.
- A diverse range of clients on issues pertaining to foreign direct investment and business structuring in KSA including advising on a broad range of M&A transactions, JV arrangements, commercial contracts (including franchise and distribution agreements), compliance and regulatory issues.
- A broad range of cross border transactions including corporate restructuring and issues pertaining to real estate ownership and development.
- Domestic and multinational firms on issues pertaining to offering of securities and capital markets and drafting the corresponding documentation including transactional agreements.
- International conglomerates in respect of various infrastructure projects at various stages from RFP to execution.
- Local and foreign construction contractors on procurement laws and procedures and drafting subcontracting arrangements between contractors.
1997 – LLM, King Saud University, Riyadh.
1998 – LLM, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Member of Board of Directors, Saudi Arabian Anti-Doping Committee
Member, Saudi Arabian Bar
Past Member of Auditing Committee, Manafea Holding Company (from Sept.2012 - Sept. 2015)
Director, Al Bawani Company LLC
Past Director, Ras Al Khaimah Cement Company (from 2007 to 2010)
Member of Board of Directors, Advance Emerging Capital Ltd – UK
Chairman, Maceen Capital, Al Bait Real Estate Fund
Board Member, Maceen Capital, Raama Real Estate Fund
2005-2011 - Taught “Business Ethics in the Legal Profession”; and “Legal Environment of Business”, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh