Highlights of our experience in Energy
- Electricity Regulatory Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on:
- the establishment of a restructured electricity system;
- drafting primary legislation to regulate the electricity sector and provide: (a) consumer protection; (b) quality of service standards; (c) independent generation; (d) separation of transmission, distribution and supply from generation; and (e) powers to the regulator and the Government;
- conducting a sector assessment comparison and producing an extensive report on the development of liberalised systems in other states to inform the redevelopment of the electricity system within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- the development of a regulatory framework for desalination, in cooperation with the Saudi Ministry of Water and Electricity.
- Saudi Arabian EPC contractor in relation to its claims against its joint venture partner arising out of the design and construction of a combined cycle power plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Sumitomo Corporation/Malakoff International Limited/Aljomaih on the US$ 7 billion Ras Azzour IWPP in Saudi Arabia.
- A global pumping solutions company in multiple disputes in relation to a petrochemical plant project in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
- Henkel on the acquisition of a SAR 120 million majority stake in a Saudi chemical industry entity; and advising on the termination of its distribution arrangements in KSA.
- Power disputes on 16 separate Power disputes in relation to claims valued in excess of US$50 million concerning a number of power stations in KSA.