Highlights of our experience in Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Zain MTC on corporate structuring, including the incorporation of the licence-holding joint stock company and a SPV to enter into bridge-financing garrangements for the payment of its successful US$6.1 billion bid for the third mobile telecommunications services licence in Saudi Arabia.
- Communications and Information Technology Commission of Saudi Arabia (CITC) on the successful auction of a 3G licence; and advising on the successful auction of voice and data licenses attracting over US$3.5bn.
- A French listed technology group on the restructuring of their Middle East businesses in UAE and KSA, including renegotiating the shareholders’ agreements, put & call options and other elements with minority shareholders/management in the UAE and KSA.
- Zain MTC on corporate structuring, including the incorporation of the licence-holding joint stock company and a SPV to enter into a bridge-financing arrangements for the payment of its successful US$6.1 billion bid for the third mobile telecommunications services licence in Saudi Arabia.
- Ericsson (Saudi Arabia Branch) acting as retained counsel on corporate and regulatory matters in Saudi Arabia.
- Huawei on a broad array of corporate matters including both contentious and non- contentious matters in KSA.
- Zain Group on its investment in the neXgen Group, a smart cities technology business in the UAE.
- Zain Group on its proposed divestment of telecommunications towers and passive infrastructure in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
- Gulf Data Hub on design and construction of a data centre at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia.
- A consortium combining John Hopkins University Hospital and Accenture on their Joint Venture and service delivery arrangements with Saudi Aramco, to create a new specialist hospital in Saudi Arabia.
- A global healthcare servicesprovider on their partnership arrangements with the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia in relation to the development of up to 20 clinics to provide a specialist healthcare treatment.
- Accenture Global on the RFP process and the subsequent contractual arrangements for the delivery of a number of separate systems and related services to the Ministry of Health in Saudi Arabia.
- A leading communications company in respect of a dispute relating to the provision of co-location services in respect of cloud services.
- Lebara (a telecommunications company operating in Saudi Arabia) in relation to cases pertaining to the telecommunications regulatory framework in Saudi Arabia involving the Saudi Communications and Information Technology Commission.
- GSM operator in Saudi Arabia on matters invovling an arbitration case seated in Riyadh and carried out pursuant to the Saudi Arbitration Law in connection with a dispute arising from an Internet Service Distribution Agreement.
- Ericsson (a networking telecommunications company operating in Saudi Arabia) on matters comprising disputes arising from lease and subcontracting agreements.